Merlin MT5580P Sectional Door Opener
The Merlin MT5580P Sectional Door Opener is the perfect solution for your garage door needs. This device is an automated opener that can be controlled remotely, making it easy to open and close your door with just the push of a button. The Merlin MT5580P is an advanced system that is designed to be durable, reliable, and easy to use. It features a powerful motor, robust safety features, and modern technology to make your garage door experience seamless and effortless.
The Merlin MT5580P has a built-in microprocessor that enables the system to automatically adjust to changing environmental conditions. This helps to ensure reliable performance in all types of weather. The system also includes a self-monitoring feature that will detect any problems and alert you via text message or email. Additionally, the Merlin MT5580P has a motion detection feature that can detect movement within the garage and alert you accordingly.
Merlin MT5580P Features
- Automatic adjustment for changing environmental conditions
- Built-in microprocessor for enhanced performance
- Powerful motor for smooth operation
- Robust safety features
- Motion detection feature
- Self-monitoring system with text message or email alerts
The Merlin MT5580P Sectional Door Opener is an advanced solution for your garage door needs. With its powerful motor, robust safety features, and modern technology, you can be sure that your door will open and close reliably every time. The self-monitoring feature ensures that any potential issues are quickly detected and dealt with before they become serious problems. The motion detection feature also adds an extra layer of security by alerting you when there is movement in your garage.
The Merlin MT5580P Sectional Door Opener offers convenience and peace of mind with its advanced features and modern technology. With its durable construction, reliable performance, and easy installation process, this device is perfect for any homeowner looking for an automated garage door opener. Get the convenience of opening and closing your door with just the push of a button while enjoying peace of mind knowing that your home is safe.
The Merlin MT5580P Sectional Door Opener offers unparalleled convenience with its powerful motor, robust safety features, motion detection technology, and self-monitoring system. With its easy installation process and reliable performance in all types of weather conditions, this device makes it easy to open and close your garage door without ever having to step outside.
The World's #1 Garage Door Opener for Sectional and Tilt Garage Doors up to 15m2
With its powerful AC motor and dual speed drive sprocket this opener has been engineered to open sectional doors quickly or tilt doors slowly.
Capable of opening modern or older doors up to 15.5m2 effortlessly, it’s no wonder this is the world’s most popular opener.
Garage Door Troubleshooting
1. Opener doesn't operate from either door control or transmitter:
• Does the opener have electric power? Plug lamp into outlet. If it doesn't light, check the fuse box or the circuit breaker. (Some
outlets are controlled by a wall switch.)
• Have you disengaged all door locks? Review installation instruction warnings on page 2.
• Is there a build-up of ice or snow under door? The door may be frozen to ground. Remove any obstruction.
• The garage door spring may be broken. Have it replaced.
• Repeated operation may have tripped the overload protector in the motor. Wait 15 minutes. Try again.
2. Opener operates from transmitter but not from door control:
• Is door control button lit? If not, remove the bell wire from the opener terminals. Short the red and white terminals by touching
both terminals at the same time with a piece of wire. If the opener runs, check for a faulty wire connection at the door control, a short under the staples, or a broken wire.
• Are wiring connections correct? Review page 18.
3. Door operates from door control but not from transmitter:
• Check battery. Replace battery if necessary.
• Is the light at the wall control flashing? Press button with keysymbol to unlock the opener against transmitters.
• Is the receiver LED flashing at the back of the opener when the transmitter is pressed? The opener receiver must re-learn the
transmitter code. Follow the instructions on page 17.
• If you purchased a new transmitter then check at carton of transmitter or compatibility or call a Merlin Professional dealer.
4. Transmitter has short range:
• Is battery installed? If needed, change the battery.
• Change the location of the transmitter on the car.
• A metal garage door, foil-backed insulation or metal siding will reduce the transmission range.
• Use outside coaxial antenna adaptor to move antenna.
5. Door reverses for no apparent reason and opener light doesn't blink:
• Is something obstructing the door? Pull manual release handle.
Operate door manually. If it is unbalanced or binding, call for professional garage door service.
• Clear any ice or snow from garage floor area where garage door closes.
• Review Force Settings. Open and close the door in learn mode for several (3-5) consecutive cycles to allow the operator to adjust to inconsistent doors.
• If door reverses in FULLY CLOSED position, re-learn travel limits.
Repeat safety reverse test after adjustment is complete.
The need for occasional adjustment of the force and limit settings is normal. Weather conditions in particular can affect door travel.
6. Door reverses for no apparent reason and opener light blinks for 5 seconds after reversing:
Check The Protector System™ (if you have installed this accessory). If the light is blinking, correct alignment.
Note: Continuously holding down the door control button will allow the door to close if the protector system is not properly aligned. The transmitter will not close the door. The opener lights will blink.
7. The garage door opens and closes by itself:
• Delete all transmitters and re-program.
• Make sure transmitter push button is not stuck "on".
• Disconnect all push buttons or key switches attached and wait one day.
8. Door stops but doesn't close completely:
Review Limit Adjustment section.
Repeat safety reverse test after any adjustment of door arm length, close force or down limit.
9. Door opens but won't close:
• Check The Protector System™ (if you have installed this accessory). If the light is blinking, correct alignment.
• If opener light does not blink and it is a new installation, check the down force.
Repeat the safety reverse test after the adjustment is complete.
10. Opener light does not turn on:
Replace light bulb (40 Watts maximum).
11. Opener light does not turn off:
There may be a defective earth at the ceiling or wall receptacle.
The opener must be earthed.
12. Opener strains or reversed during opening:
Door may be unbalanced or springs are broken. Close door and use manual release rope and handle to disconnect trolley. Open and close door manually. A properly balanced door will stay in any point of travel while being supported entirely by its springs.
If it does not, call for professional garage door service to correct the problem. Do not change force settings.
13. Opener motor hums briefly, then won't work:
• Garage door springs are broken. SEE ABOVE.
• If problem occurs on first operation of opener, door is locked.
Disable door lock. If chain was removed and reinstalled, the opener may be out of phase. Remove chain; cycle opener to down position. Observe drive sprocket. When it turns in clockwise direction and stops in down position, re-install chain.
Repeat safety reverse test after adjustment is complete.
14. Opener won't activate due to power failure:
• Pull manual release rope and handle down and back to disconnect trolley. Door can be opened and closed manually. When the power is restored, pull the manual release handle straight down. The next time the opener is activated, the trolley will reconnect.
• The Outside Quick Release accessory (if fitted) disconnects the trolley from outside the garage in case of power failure.